Annoyances! #1: Ignorance Isn't Bliss

|

Now, by this point, you hopefully read the title but probably don't quite understand what I'm talking about. I'm starting a little post of where I bitch and whine about stuff that I find absolutely annoying and break them down into why exactly I find these absolutely annoying and repetitive. I have 3 little buttons. Push one of these and you're really going to make me wanna punch you. One of them is "Ignoring someone, hoping they'll go away." In other words, if you ignore me, I start to get a bit angry.

But allow me to explain my case. I'm not saying that ignoring me is wrong. I guarantee you there are people out there who absolutely despise me and want to rip my balls off more than they want to "save the South."


And that's saying a lot to these people.

When I say I hate ignorance, I hate it when people don't give me a reason. An explanation. An excuse as to why you're ignoring me. I should also say this includes hatred, as people will get mad at me and try to go off on me. Let me say this right now, if you're friends with me--whether it be Twitter or anywhere else--TELL ME IF I'M PISSING YOU OFF. I may be a dumbass and do something to offend you but that's not saying I was trying to. If I offend you, tell me. I'll stop. It may have been something you realized but I may not have a fucking clue I just drew you to being hurt. I don't want to piss people off because I wasn't aware of something. If you instead ignore me or go off without telling me why, I start to REALLY get aggravated. If you're going to do one or the other, give a legit reason. Otherwise, to me, there's no point why you're doing it.

I'm mainly mad at this topic due to a recent event of mine (I'm not stating any names nor explanations of what happened) where someone was ignoring me and I kept trying to ask them,"WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY, GODDAMNIT?" If they had simply told me why, the situation could've ended in a peaceful matter. Let me put it this way.

Let's say you're an author. You're writing a novel you've been working on for years, painstakingly writing, getting in everything you can. Now, let's say that, right at the end of this book of yours while writing, you suddenly said,"Fuck it." and tossed the book out. Think about that. You spent all that hard time and work into the book, and decided to screw it off for no reason. That's absurd. Even if the book is so shitty that it makes 'Twilight' look like 'The Book of Eli', you still wanted to end that book and move on. But now, it'll just be sitting there, never having the chance to put it in your little "Shelf of Life" (probably will be classified in the,"Shit Happens." section, but still).

But even then, Twilight will still suck.

What I'm saying is if you ignore someone or go off without an explanation, they will forever have to go on in life, wondering, "What the fuck WAS that all about?", and--especially if it's ignorance--you'll never get an answer as to why. You'll die with something you never finished, and no man or woman should have to die knowing they didn't finish some business with someone or something. You could even completely screw over someone's life with this. Had you JUST explained the goddamned reason, things would've been so much easier. We need to learn from this lesson so that way we won't screw some people completely over with something that could've been fixed had you just fuckin' told 'em why you were ignoring them or went off on them.

Well, that concludes today's post on "Annoyance!" from little ol' Jeagle. I hope some of you either had a few chuckles, thinking, or hopefully a realization if you hadn't noticed earlier. If you have any sort of criticism, please leave a comment below (because I have nothing better to do in my spare time other than reading them). I enjoy reading any criticism to help improve my writing skills.

0 comments:

Post a Comment